Wednesday, January 21, 2009

So what if I have to dig a hole to poo in?

One month today I will have crossed the border on board the wonderful Green Tortoise having driven through the night from San Francisco and my 15 day trip to Mexico will truly have begun. My tent and headlamp arrived yesterday, (I managed to blind myself with the strobe effect on the headlamp) I can't wait to put the tent up but I'm not going to be able to until I get to the private beach we are camping on, Playa Escondida. This means no practise runs but I will make sure to at least count the poles etc! My head is currently filled with thoughts of lime margeritas and fish tacos, the warmth of the sun of my face and the feel of the sand between my toes, sea kayaking and (oh please) some whale spotting!

Images all from Flickr 1. 2. 3. 4.

3 comments:

Laura said...

You're trip sounds amazing! Make sure you soak up every second of sun, it's bloody freezing on this side of the pond!

Look forward to lots of stories and pics x

The Cwtch said...

Wow! What a fab trip! Camping on a private beach will be amazing! Let me know any tips you have for San Francisco as we are going there in April and I don't have a clue about what we should be checking out while we are there.

cara said...

Wow! It looks an sounds utterly fantastic. Especially the margaritas.